Thursday, July 28, 2011

Twitter Ads

Ads on Twitter are finally here. I know you're thinking this is the end of Twitter as we know it, but hold on for a second. These ads will be from businesses or organizations that you already follow. So, the ads should have relevance to you, because you will most likely be interested in what the ads have to offer. It is similar to the "Like" feature on Facebook. Ads simply appear in your tweet stream when you follow a business. The ads will then appear at the top of the user's Twitter page.

I, for one, don't mind having some ads. Especially if the ads interest me. I am a fan of all thinks electronic. I like getting ads from electronic vendors because I don't want to miss out on a good deal on something I am wanting to buy. How annoying can a short 140 character ad be anyway? Just scroll past it if you're not interested. My guess is the ads will not get very many complaints, but there are always those that don't want to see even one ad. Social media is big business, so get used to seeing more ads.

No comments:

Post a Comment