Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Spotify plans to invade U.S. territory via facebook?

Spotify's slogan "Any track, any time, any where. And it's free"-- is definitely enticing (for me at least). Say goodbye to the days of cookie cutter/pop hits (same song rotation every hour) on Clear Channels ever so popular radio stations that have taken over our airwaves. In the dawn of services like Pandora and Slacker, people have fled to internet radio as an alternative to finding new music. Customizable stations are among my favorite and I love being able to pause or skip songs.

Slacker Radio, in an effort to stay ahead of the competition, began offering "on-demand" music services to their listeners but, it will cost you $9.99/per month. Spotify however, will be unmatched by offering "free on-demand radio, MP3 retail, facebook and iPod integration and subscription together".

Apparently, Spotify is heavily integrated with Facebook in Europe. It will be interesting to see how they use social media to boost traffic to their website. Some rumors say that there may be a Facebook music service in the works with a Spotify/Facebook partnership. Who knows.

I've signed up for an "invite" from Spotify. As soon as it's legal, they'll send me an invite to join. I can't wait to see for myself --what the buzz is about.

http://allthingsd.com/20110708/heres-how-spotify-plans-to-invade-the-u-s-with-facebooks-help/

1 comment:

  1. I have been seeing Spotify posts all over Facebook. It's like I know I should check it out, but I'm also on deadline on some projects. Plus, still have spent hardly any time on Google+. I wonder how folks have time for all this stuff. I know that's bad for ME to say, but it makes me wonder how the average, non-social media geek deals with all of this.

    ReplyDelete