Monday, July 11, 2011

Social Movies

I can hear the movie producer right now asking a young intern "what are young people into these days?" The intern looks up from his iPhone and says "uh, movies and social media." "That's it!" the producer says, "we will make a film that is co-written and co-starring youngsters using their FaceTube...err MyTwitt...oh you know what I mean." The intern updates his status with, "my boss just called Twitter...MyTwitt!"

This could be really cool or just another gimmicky idea. In all honesty, I think it has some potential, but I think this really lends itself to be a reality show; not a film. Great films have one thing in common; a great story. If this project allows people on Facebook to help write this thing, or even appear in it, I fear the story would suffer. I have to say though, I am looking at it through the eyes of art and not money making. It seems everyone wants their 15 seconds of fame and this could be a big hit and bring in some dough for the film producers. It should be interesting to see how it turns out.


No comments:

Post a Comment