Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The words out of my mouth were, "Duh, Facebook changed everything!"

I stumbled upon this infographic article and the title is "Is Facebook changing the entire college experience?" It gives specific data on professors on Facebook, and qualities of people most likely to succeed in college based on their activity on Facebook. I think that is one of the most interesting points it brings up because I consider myself on studious person (Dean's list for the past 3 semesters, always take over 15 hours, summer school and minimesters every year) and I do recognize that I comment more and am active on the site. Facebook has changed how we make friends and socialize in the real world. for example my freshman year I added a lot of the people in my dorm, all of whom I had just met, and got to know them much faster than I would have without facebook, and it created that relationship fast. I feel like I am even more connected to the people around me because I can see what is going on in their life.  You can make more friends, get more party invites, socialize online; all of these things are the college experience with a little boost from Facebook. Except for your mom being able to follow what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment