Wednesday, October 5, 2011

iPhone announcement!

I hope some of you all got to check out the post that I posted on Tuesday about the announcement that Apple was going to make!

While I was watching it I was really disappointed that they didn't have a live video feed. With such highly anticipated news, I thought they would have provided an easy way for people to view. The link that I posted was a website that gave minute by minute updates, which was handy, yes, but it was frustrating when the page would shut down! Get with it allthingsdigital!

Haha but now the good stuff:

Along with announcements about iOS5 update info., Lion, iPad 2, iPhone, Mac and other various apple product stats, they also announced improvements to the iPod nano, and iPod touch.
And finally they got to the fun stuff... the iPhone. Shocking to most people, the "iPhone5" that everyone had been hoping for actually turned out to be the "iPhone 4S", basically an upgrade to the iPhone 4. Whomp whomp. BUT, that doesn't mean it's not cool! It will have faster graphics, a longer battery life (8 hours of 3G to 10 hours of video time), two antennas that will switch between receiving and transmitting for better call quality and faster data retrieval. Also if the iPhone camera wasn't already awesome, apparently it just got better. Because I don't understand all the high-tech mumbo jumbo, I'm going to spare you my crappy explanation and just post the link later if you want to read more about it... haha. And lastly, they talked about Siri, the new voice activated "intelligent assistant" that can help you accomplish tasks with just the sound of your voice. It seems prettyyyy awesome :).

The end of the announcement included iPhone 4S prices and availability information, this is when they announced that, yes, Sprint will officially be a carrier ALONG with AT&T and Verizon, none of this "Sprint gets it first!" nonsense.

I hope I helped provide some information for those of you who didn't get a chance to check it out! :)

2 comments:

  1. I AM PISSED>>> I have been waiting so long for one stupid letter... s! Give me a GS at least....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM PISSED>>> I have been waiting so long for one stupid letter... s! Give me a GS at least....

    ReplyDelete