Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Organizing your friends

Lat week in class, we discussed qualifications to block someone on Facebook or Twitter, or to delete them completely. Well, Facebook was apparently listening to us because they're expected to reveal a new "friends list". It will enable users to organize friends, and separate them accordingly.

Close Friends and Acquaintances are two new lists, so now users can really segregate their social circles. The new list will is a "smart list", which automatically updates information. "You can, for example, create a list of friends that live within 50 miles of your location. You can then use that list to find out what’s happening nearby or share local parties with local friends without bugging friends in another city."

I'm not a big social media guy, and I usually don't care what Facebook does to make my life supposedly easier, but I think this is pretty cool. Now, instead of blocking or deleting people, I can make a list of "friends" I never want to hear from or see. You know, I really think this social media thing is going to take off soon....

http://mashable.com/2011/09/13/facebook-revamps-friend-lists-pics/

No comments:

Post a Comment