Sunday, September 18, 2011

Facetweet+: Social Media is Blending

I understand why Facebook is trying to take the most popular features from other social media sites and implement them. I get it, but its bullshit! Facebook should just be Facebook and quit making all these changes that no user I have talked to is interested in. It is a literal example of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Facebook has constantly made changes that users dont appreciate, like the new picture viewer or changing the security settings to be more open causing people to have to go back and change them to the way they were before the "update", but these new changes are on a whole different level. Twitter recently reached its 100 million user milestone, and at the same time Facebook implemented its new Subscribe button and the list feature (Google Plus anyone??). I understand trying to keep up with the competition but this is ridiculous. Facebook is the biggest social networking site with the most users, so why steal or copy a different site? The changes are more likely to cause user decline than the same people joining multiple sites.

How do you feel about the changes?

P.S. Totally unrelated to facebook, yay rain!

5 comments:

  1. I can not stand the new picture viewer! and to be honest I really don't understand the whole subscribing thing. I agree they should stop making so many changes.

    oh and hooray for the rain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you click on "rain" because its a little funny picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I think facebook should not change everything all the time. It really gets annoying and makes it kind of confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I agree as well but you know Facebook will just keep snowballing other platforms! This reminds me of the South Park episode about Facebook! Epic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with you! They need to quit changing Facebook! It's fine the way it is!

    and that picture was so right!

    ReplyDelete