Thursday, September 15, 2011

My experience with Social media Competition between companies.

Over the summer I had an internship with TaylorMade/adidas golf in California. From the day I got there till I left at the end of the summer 2 other interns and I worked directly with the companies social media pages. It was very interesting to see just how much thought goes on behind the scenes to come up with new posts, contests and just basic interaction with fans and consumers. Our job was to keep track of what other companies were doing well and come up with ways for TaylorMade/adidas to do a better job on social media sites. What I found while I was at the company is that social media is one of the main ways to gain more customers whether it be contests or giveaways. Everyday we were there we tried to come up with unique ways to not only get consumer interaction but also to get our page out there to more people.
It was interesting to sit in meetings and hear top exectutives ask us how we can do better on our social media sites. Although most of the guys at the top didn't know much about social media they know how important it is when you have a company as large and popular as TaylorMade/adidas golf.
The thing that was most interesting to me over the summer was just how much work goes into making sure social media users actually see your company page. A lot of times people will press "like" and never go to that page again but our focus was to make sure there was always something for people to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment