Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tweet me at the Alter

As most of the class could probably guess I follow all things Disney on different social media platforms due to my newly found obsession with it. On Facebook I follow the page for Disney's Fairytale Weddings, since I desperately want to intern for them. The other day they posted a link to an article letting you know how to tastefully use social media at a wedding.

My mouth dropped. Social media platforms have truly taken over our lives. I thought in NO way could I ever consider tweeting or updating your status on your wedding day because you have a billion things going on.

But after reading the article and putting down some etiquette rules I did find some helpful tips, especially for those addicts that tweet everything.

Main sections of the article go over 1. Pre-Wedding preparations 2. Staying offline during the ceremony 3. Appoint a Chief Twitter 4. A social media station 5. Live stream for those who can't make it. and 6. Enjoy the moment!!

Some really cute idea that I never considered was changing your status from engaged to married shortly after the ceremony (cute). I really liked the idea for a hash tag for wedding guest to tweet about so the bride and groom could look back on after everything settles down. Having the photographer upload images to flicker and then stream them at the wedding. And loved the thought of live streaming for those who can't make it.


But as far as a social media station I put my foot down on that and say no way! Unless of course I become a huge social media figure which I don't for see in my future.

Embracing the force that is social media and incorporating it into your wedding sounds crazy but might give the newlywed's some great memories to share.

Here is the link again:http://mashable.com/2010/11/09/social-media-wedding-etiquette/

5 comments:

  1. This is funny but I see how it could be handy in some ways

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, this makes perfect sense. Social media, for most people, is another way to be completely self-absorbed, which is what a wedding is for most brides. It was only a matter of time before they joined forces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who has interned for Disney and she loved it! Woould be really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I would use social media at all during a wedding, or at least I didn't when I was a bridesmaid. Except for all the pictures that were taken. -Kayla Menie

    ReplyDelete