Monday, November 14, 2011

Mixel

So I am doing my blog post early, but I should be writing a paper right now and found something on the internet instead that will help me with a different project so now I am blogging about it for this class. So it's as if i am getting 3 different class assignments done at the same time, while procrastinating. Awesome.

I found this site Mixel.cc on Uncrate. TANGENT ALERT: If you haven't heard about uncrate you need to do it now. It is a buyers guide for men and it is awesome. There is stuff on their from tanks and yachts to bluray movies and video games. It just really awesome dude stuff so go check it out gentlemen. and Ladies, it can give you inspiration for gift ideas for the dudes in your life as well as just show you awesome stuff. TANGENT COMPLETE.

The project I am working on is a scenic design for a play and I need to create a collage for research. this website is an interactive collage. "Mixel lets you make, share and remix collages in a whole new way." You can use the site but I think it is geared towards mobile devices, especially the iPad. The creator calls it a "social art app." I understand that it may not be useful to everyone but it got me so excited because its literally exactly what I need right now. I had already started to use pinterest to draw inspiration and create a sort of collage but its more organized and works better as an album and catalog than the actual collage I need.

Introducing Mixel for iPad from Mixel App on Vimeo.


Alright, I guess I have to go back to writing the paper now.

1 comment:

  1. I love Pinterest, too. Unfortunately, I don't have an iPad so I'll probably have to stick with Pinterest. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete