Thursday, November 24, 2011

Reddit and the new Internet

Lately on the social media site Reddit, there has been a lot of discussion over SOPA and other government plans for censorship and filtering of the internet.
In my opinion this is one of the worst uses of government time and they have no right since the world wide web is used world wide, no one government should have control over it, but I digress.
There is a group of people on Reddit who has created a subreddit (subcommunity)called Darknet where they are working on creating a new "internet" that would not be under control of the tyrannous government acts.
I am excited to see where this goes.

1 comment:

  1. that will be very interesting...I agree though, no matter how bad they think the internet is getting I really don't think much can be done, I think that would be a waste. -Kayla Menie

    ReplyDelete